- Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts, announced it would no longer fly the American flag after it was stolen and found torched
- President Jonathan Lash said students asked for it to be flown at half-mast
- Flag was lowered due to ‘environment of escalating hate-based violence’
- But once it had been lowered, someone stole the flag and set it on fire
- Hundreds of veterans protested on campus Sunday with their own flags
Hundreds of veterans protested the decision to stop flying the American flag on the campus of a liberal arts college after it was stolen and found torched.
Demonstrators brought their own flags and chanted ‘U.S.A.’ at Hampshire College in Amherst on Sunday during what organizers called a ‘peaceful demonstration of freedom.’
The college decided to lower the flag to half-staff, due to the ‘environment of escalating hate-based violence’ after the elections.
The college decided to remove the flag altogether after it was stolen and recovered on the morning of Veterans Day after it had been burned – a move that drew sharp criticism around the country.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3977196/Hundreds-veterans-protest-liberal-arts-college-removing-American-flag-campus-one-set-alight-wake-Donald-Trump-s-win.html#ixzz4RIKlOnD1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook