High school officials and police sent a bomb squad to a disabled student’s home and arrested him after seeing his doodles of a superhero glove with a flame coming out of it

NEWARK (CN) – New Jersey high school officials and police sent a bomb squad to a disabled student’s home and arrested him after seeing his doodles of a superhero glove with a flame coming out of it, the boy’s parents claim in court.

Damage. Art by Todd Nauck.
Damage. Art by Todd Nauck. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The parents, K.J. and T.J., sued the Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District Board of Education, the school superintendent, principal, other administrators and teacher, that Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office, the Galloway Police Department, et al., in Federal Court.

Their son, K.J. Jr., has Asperger’s syndrome and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, the parents say in the 36-page lawsuit. He is, however, “a very gifted child in the areas of chemistry and engineering and likes to do experiments, fix things, build, create, and draw,” according to the complaint. Continue reading “High school officials and police sent a bomb squad to a disabled student’s home and arrested him after seeing his doodles of a superhero glove with a flame coming out of it”

Our Walmart says National Labor Relations Board will demand action against Walmart for illegally firing and disciplining workers

Walmart to be prosecuted for firing striking workers, union group says

  • Workers' rights groups demonstrate in the street in front of Walmart offices, Washington, USA
Workers’ rights groups demonstrate in the street in Washington. Photograph: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the federal agency that oversees workers’ rights, is to announce decision to prosecute Walmart for firing, discipling and threatening workers who went on strike or attempted to unionise, according to the group organising the strikes.

Our Walmart, a union-backed group, said the NLRB will prosecute the company for illegally firing and disciplining 117 workers, including some who went on strike in June. The board’s decision will also include threats by managers and spokespeople aimed at discouraging them from striking, Our Walmart said.

Continue reading “Our Walmart says National Labor Relations Board will demand action against Walmart for illegally firing and disciplining workers”

Swedish court rules that it is ‘okay’ to masturbate in public

A 65-year-old man who pleasured himself on a Stockholm beach acquitted of sexual assault because he ‘was not targeting a specific person’

Adam Withnall

Thursday, 19 September 2013

A court in Sweden has ruled that a man who openly masturbated on a beach in Stockholm did not commit an offence because he was not “pleasuring himself towards a specific person”.

The 65-year-old man had been charged with sexual assault after he was seen on 6 June removing his shorts and masturbating near the water’s edge.

The district court of Södertörn issued a judgement in which it said that it “may be proven that the man exposed himself and masturbated on this occasion”, according to the Swedish English-language news website The Local.

Yet the court acquitted the man, and said the man had not committed an offence because he did not direct his activities towards a specific person.

And it appears that Sweden’s prosecution service will accept the ruling, with public prosecutor Olof Vrethammar telling the Mitti newspaper that he wasn’t planning to appeal.

“For this to be a criminal offence it’s required that the sexual molestation was directed towards one or more people. I think the court’s judgement is reasonable,” he said.

When asked if it was now acceptable to masturbate in public if you don’t direct it towards a specific individual the prosecutor said it was “okay”.

“The district court has made a judgement on this case. With that we can conclude that it is okay to masturbate on the beach.”

Mr Verthammar added that acts of masturbation in public may still be regarded as “disorderly conduct”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-court-rules-that-it-is-okay-to-masturbate-in-public-8826589.html#

 

Turkish ministry report suggests psychic assassins using telepathy could be responsible for ‘mysterious’ deaths of four young engineers

Neuropsychology expert asks government not to rule out possibility of telepathy being responsible for suicide of engineer

Rob Williams

Thursday, 8 August 2013

The deaths of four young Turkish engineers, all within the space of 14 months during 2006 and 2007, could be connected to telepathy, according to a report from the Inspection Board of the Turkish Prime Ministry.

Four engineers working for Turkish defence giant ASELSAN died in alleged mysterious circumstances and all four deaths were recorded as suicide.

Sceptical families have, however, continued to question the cases despite reports that the men had been undergoing psychological treatment before they died.

According to ‘Today’s Zaman’ the investigation into the deaths of the men, Hüseyin Başbilen, Halim Ünsem Ünal, Evrim Yançeken and Burhaneddin Volkan, suggests that the victims could have been directed toward the suicides by way of telekinesis, citing the work done by neuropsychology expert Nevzat Tarhan.

Nevzat Tarhan asks prosecutors not to disregard the possibility of telepathy being responsible for the headaches and severe distress that may have caused the men to take their own lives.

One of the men, Hüseyin Başbilen, was found dead in his car in August 2006, Halim Ünal died from a gunshot in January 2007, Evrim Yançeken fell from the balcony of his sixth-floor apartment nine days later and two years later another engineer at the company, Burhanettin Volkan, allegedly also killed himself.

At least two of the men were said to be working on a friend-or-foe recognition system for Turkish warplanes at the time of their suicides, a project that was brought back to debate during the Ergenekon coup trials which saw significant numbers jailed for an alleged plot to overthrow the government.

Hurriyet Daily News quotes Nevzat Tarhan saying that the headaches and distress in the men could have been sent using brainwaves from 1.5km (just under a mile) away.

The report, which has been submitted to the Ankara Chief Prosecutor’s Office for further investigation, doesn’t come to any conclusion over whether or not the deaths were murder or suicide.

Recently the news anchor and editor-in-chief of private Turkish broadcaster 24, Yiğit Bulut, claimed that ‘certain powers’ were attempting to kill controversial Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan using telekinesis. Mr Bulut, although widely ridiculed for the comments, has since been named a chief consultant for Erdoğan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkish-ministry-report-suggests-psychic-assassins-using-telepathy-could-be-responsible-for-mysterious-deaths-of-four-young-engineers-8752302.html#

 

Dominque Strauss Kahn to face trial for pimping / in connection with an alleged prostitution ring at a Lille hotel

French former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn will face trial on pimping charges along with 12 others in connection with an alleged prostitution ring at a Lille hotel, the local prosecutors’ office said on Friday.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn makes French parliament comeback

Dominique Strauss-Kahn was answering questions in his capacity as economic expert  Photo: AFP
Alex Spillius

By , and Agencies

3:16PM BST 26 Jul 2013

Prosecutors had in June called for the charges of “aggravated pimping as part of an organised gang” against Strauss-Kahn to be dropped, but investigating magistrates have decided he should face trial. The charges carry a sentence of up to 10 years.

The 64-year-old former presidential hopeful has admitted attending sex parties there, or what his lawyer called “libertine soirees”, but says he did not know that some of the women were paid prostitutes.

The case is the last of the sex-related allegations faced by Mr Strauss-Kahn, who had begun to re-emerge in the public eye with a speech in parliament and a public outing at the French tennis open with a new girlfriend.

He had faced two years of legal turmoil involving multiple sexual allegations, but has not been convicted for any crime. He was head of the IMF and poised to stand as a Socialist presidential candidate when in 2011 he was accused by a New York chambermaid of attempted rape. He maintained that the sexual act that took place was consensual, but was sued by his accuser, Nafissatou Diallo.

The two sides reached an undisclosed financial settlement late last year, reported to be about £950,000.

Last October, a French prosecutor dropped a criminal investigation connecting Mr Strauss-Kahn to a possible gang rape in Washington DC.

A Belgian woman withdrew her allegations, and said she would not press charges, despite initially insisting that he had attacked her.

Mr Strauss-Kahn faced further allegations two years ago when Tristane Banon, a young Paris writer, said he had tried to rape her in 2003. But prosecutors said the case could not be pursued because of a statute of limitations.

Mr Strauss-Kahn denied the allegations and has since filed a counter claim in France, alleging slander.

Earlier this month, he was involved in a fresh sex scandal, as claims emerged that he tried to assault an Italian television journalist in the late 1990s.

Greek Courts Postpone Backlog of 1 million Cases

PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 17 December 2012
Nothing seems to work in Grecia!Go-slow action by Greek judges and prosecutors since  September has resulted in more than one million cases being postponed,  adding to a massive backlog that has built up in the country’s courts  over the years, reads daily “Kathimerini”.

 

Hundreds of thousands of civil and criminal cases  have reportedly been frozen and thousands more are expected to be put  off after judges and prosecutors decided to extend their rolling  walkouts until January 19, escalating their protest at fresh cuts to  their salaries imposed by the government as part of new austerity  measures demanded by the country’s foreign creditors.

The protracted action is believed to have deprived  the cash-strapped state of millions of euros in much-needed revenue as  countless cases regarding tax arrears as well as offenses where  convictions are translated into financial penalties have been postponed.

All the country’s courts have joined the walkouts  apart from the Supreme Court and the Council of State, the country’s  highest administrative court, which is pursuing legal action on behalf  of its judges.

Last Sunday, judges and prosecutors voted to extend  their work-to-rule protest until January 19 despite the government’s  offer of concessions that would have softened the blow of the  reductions. Supreme Court president Rena Asimakopoulou and Supreme Court prosecutor Yiannis Tentes had addressed their colleagues before the  vote in a bid to change their mind to no avail. Tentes had asked his  colleagues to “lower their gaze to society and heed the demand of  citizens for judicial functionaries to contribute to curbing tax evasion and widespread lawlessness.”

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/22392/46/

 

Army general pulled rank, forced sex: prosecutors

 

 

An Army general used his superior rank to force five women into improper sexual relations, military prosecutors said on Monday at a hearing to determine if he should face a court-martial.

Brigadier General Jeffrey Sinclair, who is based at Fort Bragg, is accused of 26 violations of military law. They include forcible sodomy, wrongful sexual conduct, possessing pornography while deployed and conduct unbecoming of an officer.

The charges stem from inappropriate behavior toward four female subordinates and one civilian over the last five years, Army prosecutors said, revealing new details about the charges announced against Sinclair in September.

Sinclair also is accused of claiming more than $4,000 worth of charges for personal travel as military business, and of deleting emails during the investigation, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors said Sinclair used his rank to force the women into sexual relations. Sinclair threatened to kill one subordinate, or her family, if she told anyone, prosecutors said.

He also is accused of asking women to send him nude photos and berating female subordinates on several occasions.

When asked by hearing officer Major General Perry Wiggins if he would make a statement regarding the charges, Sinclair said “No, sir.” His defense team declined comment to reporters.

Sinclair’s lawyers asked that the case be dismissed or that the government prosecutors be removed due to alleged misconduct.

Prosecutors had reviewed thousands of confidential emails between Sinclair, his attorneys and his wife, said Sinclair’s defense attorney, Lieutenant Colonel Jackie Thompson.

Wiggins postponed the proceedings while the emails were reviewed by a legal adviser. He said court would reconvene on Monday afternoon.

Wiggins will determine if Sinclair should stand trial on any of the charges.

Sinclair is a 27-year Army veteran who U.S. officials said was sent home in May from Afghanistan, where he served as a deputy commander for support, after the investigation.

Prosecutors said Sinclair had maintained one affair from 2007 to 2012, as well as other liaisons and attempts at relationships. The alleged sexual contact took place in Afghanistan, Iraq and Germany, and at military bases in the United States.

Dozens of witnesses are expected to give testimony at the hearing over several days.

(Reuters)

 

http://updatednews.ca/2012/11/05/army-general-pulled-rank-forced-sex-prosecutors/

Man who cooked and served his genitals is handed over to prosecutors

Engineering Evil Comment: It is not the self Mutilation, It is not the Art, It is not the artist statement. It is that 71 good people paid for the opportunity to consume Human Flesh. 
.
.
.
.
Thursday, Sep. 20, 2012
.
AFP-Jiji
.

A man who admits cooking and serving his own severed genitals to paying diners has been handed over to prosecutors on an allegation of indecent exposure, police said.

The police sent their case against the 23-year-old man and three other people who helped organize the event to the Tokyo District Public Prosecutor’s Office, they said Tuesday.

They did not identify by name any of the suspects.

The police are not pursuing charges for dishing out the genitals as Japan has no law against cannibalism.

The man earlier identified himself as Mao Sugiyama and an “asexual” illustrator.

In an email in May, he confirmed the event had taken place and said it was organized to raise awareness about “sexual minorities, x-gender, asexual people.”

A spokeswoman for the Tokyo police said the four people conspired to “openly display the severed male genitals to the assembled 71 guests” at a music club from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on May 13.

“Every one of them has admitted that they did it,” she said.

If convicted of indecent exposure, which is known as the display of obscene objects, they can be jailed up to two years and fined up to ¥2.5 million each.

In tweets on May 18, the artist said steps were taken so his act met all relevant laws, including a ban on organ sales, processing of medical waste and even food sanitation requirements.

Sugiyama said his penis and testicles had been surgically removed by a physician in March and certified free of infections. They were kept frozen for two months before the event in Suginami Ward.

Diners each paid ¥20,000 for a portion.

The police probe followed a complaint from the ward mayor.

“Many residents of Suginami and elsewhere have expressed a sense of discomfort and feeling of apprehension over this,” Mayor Ryo Tanaka said in a statement.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120920f3.html

!!!GRAPHIC WARNING!!!